Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Us?
At St Bernadette’s we believe that children learn best in a safe, happy and stimulating environment where they are encouraged to develop a range of 21st century skills and strategies.
We care for our children.
- Gospel values are taught and practised.
- The staff at St Bernadette’s provide role models.
- All children are known by name.
- There is a warm welcoming environment. Visitors are greeted by children and staff.
- Children play happily in a warm caring environment.
- There is peer support available for all students.
- Parents are involved in our classrooms.
- Children are well mannered and wear their uniform with pride.
- Children are on task, work co-operatively and are willing to share.
The learning environment is interesting and exciting.
- Our classrooms are colourful, tidy and clean.
- Displays of children’s work are current and neatly displayed.
- Learning outcomes are displayed.
- Children have access to a wide range of resources.
- The teacher’s role is that of teacher and facilitator.
There is explicit teaching of 21st century skills and strategies.
- A range of 21st century skills and strategies have been identified.
- There is a school-wide cyclical approach to the teaching of these skills and strategies.
- All staff participate in professional development that develops their ability to teach these skills and strategies.
- The performance management system is linked to the development of these skills and strategies.
- The budget prioritises professional development and I.C.T. tools for staff and children.
- Opportunities are provided for the community to experience, learn and celebrate the learning of these skills and strategies.